Earlier today, ComputerWorld published an article that lists what they believe are The Top Five Technologies You Need to Know About in ’07. In this article they list the following.
Five Hot Technologies for 2007
- Ruby on Rails – Faster, easier Web development
- NAND drives -Bye-bye, HDD?
- Ultra-Wideband – 200x personal-area networking
- Hosted hardware – Supercomputing for the masses
- Advanced CPU architectures – Penryn, Fusion and more
That’s right! You might have noticed that ComputerWorld has named Ruby on Rails, our development framework of choice, as the top technology to know about in 2007!
“Equal parts design philosophy and development environment, Rails offers developers a few key code-level advantages when constructing database-backed Web applications. One of the central tenets emphasizes using less code for application development by avoiding redundancy and following Rails conventions. This means increased performance and, ideally, decreased development times.”
It’s great to see that the technology that we decided to adopt over two years ago is still making big headlines!