I think it’s important to point out at this stage that we used the D^5 process to create… the D^5 process. We used D^5 to sequence and organize this series of blog posts (look at the titles and order).
The most important and most difficult part of deploying D^5 wasn’t working with the design team to create the “Welcome Kits” for our clients, or implementing the new documents and processes; but forcing ourselves to use D^5. Old habits are tough to break and learning a new one is more so.
Our focus has been on not only seeking out the bugs that go along with any launch—and fixing them—but forcing ourselves to use D^5. It’s a challenge that will continue in the coming months, but eventually subside.
Change however—iterations to D^5—will continue much longer.